Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Friday 6 February 2015

Layered Flowers

I have a little basket into which I throw my less than perfect blooms or those which I do not use on my finished projects.

Every now and then I will empty the basket and layer up the blooms to make a selection of "interesting" flowers!!    Just layer them from the biggest bloom up to the smallest and join them with an embroidery needle and some yarn!


crochet flowers

For the first bloom I layered three different "flowers":

First 4 rows of my STARFLOWER MANDALA
A LITTLE WILDFLOWER
and a TEENY TINY STAR

crochet flowers

For the second bloom I layered two different flowers:

A LITTLE WILDFLOWER
and two CHAIN LOOP DAISIES (you can vary the sizes of the chain loop daisy by crocheting more or less chains on each petal!)

crochet flowers

Layer up whatever flower-like pieces you have made  - add a button or a bead and VOILA!!!


4 comments:

  1. What a good idea! I also have a stash of not quite right flowers, or ones I just did to see if I could. Now I will go and make fancy layered flowers with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an interesting way to make them one of a kind. great idea!

    ReplyDelete